Assistance Programs

Brighton Water Assistance Program

Utility customers who qualify may receive $300 credit per year. Created is based on available funding and is limited to $300 annually. Utility customers in need of assistance may apply online, or to request a paper application email The Water Assistance Program is only available to City of Brighton residents.

Residents can roundup their bill to help those in need. When you roundup your bill to nearest dollar these funds will be set aside to assist other residents in need. Roundup amounts never total more than $12 annually. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. Round up your bill here.

Applicant Guidelines

  • Must be a Brighton residential water customer
  • Must be a U.S. citizen or legally residing in the U.S.
  • May not have a tampering charge in the last twelve (12) months
  • Must demonstrate financial need. Residents experiencing loss of income due to COVID-19 are encouraged to apply

Click here to apply
Solicitud para ayuda con el pago del agua 

Click here for self-employment verification
Verificación de ingreso de trabajo independiente

Budget Billing

This option aims to keep your bill uniform for every cycle for the coming year. Budget billing is calculated using the previous 12-month average bill and is re-adjusted each March. If the customer has been at the residence less than 12 months the previous occupant's usage may be used to calculate the annual average. 

Eligible customers currently on budget billing as well as those who have requested budget billing will receive a letter early in the year indicating their budget billing amount and must sign and return the form by the indicated date in order to be enrolled in budget billing. 

To be considered for budget billing next year customers must request to be added to the budget billing list by December 31. 

Request budget billing for next year here

Those on budget billing are encouraged to use the direct pay option. You can sign up for direct pay available here

Leak Adjustment Policy

If a water leak is discovered on your property your account may be eligible for a leak adjustment credit if the following conditions are met

  • A leak adjustment application is received within 60 days of the discover of the leak
  • The account must be current and in good standing 
  • There has been no leak adjustment on the account in the past 12 months
  • Documentation that the leak has been repaired must be provided 

To avoid additional fees and/or interruption in service, payments on accounts must continue in full while under leak adjustment review. If the leak has resulted in bills higher than usual and you are struggling to pay the full balance on time please call our office at 303-655-2009 to discus payment plan options. Any approved credit will be applied directly to your account. 

You can apply for a leak adjustment here  

Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) 

Administered by the Colorado Department of Humans Services (DHS), the LIHWAP assistance program is federally funded and aims to help residents who are behind in their water bills. To qualify residents must:

  • Complete the LEAP application and LIHWAP addendum
  • Provide a copy of their water bill
  • Pay a water provider directly for either drinking water and/or sewer/waste water
  • Have a past due amount, service disconnected or about to be disconnected
  • Be approved for LEAP for the current season

Residents of Adams County can find information on LEAP here. Customers can also find information on LEAP here. Help applying for LEAP and LIHWAP is available 24/7 at the toll free number 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-835). Customers can also go to a local DHS Office to pick-up/drop-off an application. There are no minimum or maximum benefits for LIHWAP. This program is first-come, first service. Deadline is ongoing until LIHWAP funds run out.