Water Efficiency Resources
About 71% of Earth’s surface is covered with water, yet less than 1% of this water is available for human use. Population growth and demand is increasing for our freshwater resources. The water cycle continuously returns water to Earth, but not always in the same location or in the same quantity or quality. In order to maintain a sustainable water supply for future generations, we can all take steps to conserve and make water-wise decisions in our daily lives.
Want to learn more about using water efficiently? Check out theresources below!
- Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) WaterSense Program: WaterSense, a voluntary partnership program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), is both a label for water-efficient products and a resource for helping you save water.
- Alliance for Water Efficiency: The Alliance for Water Efficiency is a stakeholder-based nonprofit organization dedicated to the efficient and sustainable use of water. Headquartered in Chicago, the Alliance serves as a North American advocate for water-efficient products and programs, and provides information and assistance on water conservation efforts.
- Love Colorado Water: Colorado WaterWise launched Colorado Water – Live Like You Love It (LLYLI) in 2014. This statewide campaign is designed to deliver a unified, consistent message about the value of Colorado water and the need to conserve, care for and commit to becoming more informed about this critical resource.
- Xeriscape Garden Resources: Are you looking to make your yard more water efficient? Take a look at some of the xeriscape resources to convert your turf into a low maintenance, water efficient, garden.
- CSU Resources
- Resource Central Guide
- CSU Master Gardener Hotline: Have a question about gardening? Call the Colorado Master Gardeners. This program offers free hotlines for any gardening questions and advice. Additionally, this program offers extremely in-depth training for people wanting to be experts in CO gardening.
- Adams County: 303-637-8100
- Plant Select: Plant Select® is the country’s leading brand of plants designed to thrive in high plains and intermountain regions, offering plants that provide more beauty with less work so gardeners of all levels can achieve smart, stunning and successful gardens using fewer resources and with a more positive environmental impact.
- PlantTALK Colorado: is sponsored by Colorado State University Extension, Denver Botanic gardens, and the Green Industries of Colorado. For additional information on gardening, see Plant Select® and Extension Publications.
- GreenCO: The Green lndustries of Colorado is an alliance of seven trade associations representing all facets of the horticulture and landscape industries. GreenCO members are committed to water conservation and industry-wide best management practices as a way of doing business. W e provide expert advice on how to select and properly care for plants and landscapes. Check out their Best Management Practices (BMP) Manual.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Denver Botanic Gardens strives to entertain and delight while spreading the collective wisdom of the Gardens through outreach, collaboration and education. Our conservation programs play a major role in saving species and protecting natural habitats for future generations. They offer plenty of gardening classes and resources for the public.