The Brighton Police Department is committed to hiring well qualified candidates who are committed to preventing crime and disorder by serving our community with integrity and compassion. We are a department committed to the "The Golden Rule" and seek candidates with the same commitment. Join us in serving an incredibly supportive and fast growing community!
Who we are
The Brighton Police Department has 124 members including 90 sworn officers. We serve over 40,000 residents in five patrol districts that span 21 square miles. The City of Brighton is a modern, growing city with a strong sense of unity, pride and community spirit. Brighton is characterized by planning that balances residential and commercial land use with generous open space, parks and natural areas. Brighton is located 15 miles northeast of Denver between Highway 85 and Interstate 76, with easy access to Denver International Airport. The Brighton Police Department employs a team approach to staffing, allowing officers and supervisors to work together each day.
A ride-along with a Brighton police officer is recommended for serious applicants. Please fill out the application and email it to email@example.com
Interested in becoming a police officer for the City of Brighton?
- High school diploma or GED
- No felony or certain misdemeanor convictions
- Valid driver's license and safe driving records
- At least 21-years-old by the date of police academy graduation
The City of Brighton is rapidly growing, and Brighton Police Department offers various opportunities for officers to learn, grow and succeed.
- Patrol Division
- Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT)
- Traffic Safety Unit (TSU)
- Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
- Honor Guard
- Investigations Division
- Youth Services Division
- Sexual Assault Task Force (SATF)
- North Metro Drug Task Force (NMTF)
- 13 days extra pay for holidays
- Weapon purchase program
- Yearly flexible uniform stipend
- Longevity pay
- Low employee health insurance premiums
- Healthcare plans with no co-pays or deductibles
- FPPA defined benefit retirement
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Healthcare for retirees
Competitive Pay (Updated Jan. 2024)
- Police Officer Recruit - Paid Police Academy Training $33/hour
- Police Officer - $68,922.26 to $100,576.94
- Lateral Police Officer - Commensurate with experience
- Police Sergeant - $99,523.84-$135,970.84
Questions about current openings, our processes, or our Police Department? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.