A Coordinated Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 for the Ward 1 City Councilmember vacancy. This election will be a mail ballot election. There is one (1) Brighton City Councilmember seat open for Ward 1. Municipal elections in Colorado are “nonpartisan,” which means that candidates do not run for election on a designated party ticket.
- Must be at least 18 years of age*
- Must be a citizen of the Unites States of America*
- Must be a qualified elector in the City of Brighton*
- Must be a resident of the City, and in the case of Councilmembers a resident of his/ her respective Ward, for at least 12 consecutive months preceding the date of the election
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Must not be employed by the City
The 2022 Candidate Packet that contains all of the information and forms necessary to run for City Council is available in the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours. You are encouraged to come to the City Clerk’s Office located at Brighton City Hall, 500 South 4th Avenue, Brighton, CO and visit with our City Clerk, Natalie Hoel. Natalie will be able to go over the Candidate Packet and answer any questions that you may have regarding the process. Please contact Natalie Hoel at 303-655-2056 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Natalie Hoel, City Clerk