In September, the Brighton Recreation Center (BRC) will be closed for two weeks while the facility undergoes its annual maintenance. BRC will close starting Monday, Sept. 10 and is scheduled to reopen Monday, Sept. 24.
The maintenance being done includes:
- refinishing floors
- refurbishing community restrooms
- resurfacing the leisure pool
- repainting the slide tower
- adding a gel coat to the slide
- several other behind the scenes projects will also be completed
During this closure, the fitness department will be offering an outdoor fitness class as well as outdoor yoga class so you can keep up with your fitness goals. These events are free during the shutdown and do not require registration. All classes will meet at the pavilions at the Brighton Recreation Center Park on the following days and times:
- Mondays – 6 a.m. Outdoor Fitness & 7 a.m. Yoga
- Tuesday – 9 a.m. Outdoor Fitness & 5:30 p.m. Outdoor Fitness
- Wednesday – 7 a.m. Yoga
- Thursday – 9 a.m. Outdoor Fitness
- Friday – 7 a.m. Yoga
For registration needs, BRC will offer phone in options during our maintenance closure Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Online registration may be completed by visiting www.brightonrecreation.com.