The City of Brighton will host another exciting year of its “Flix and Kicks” concerts and movies in the park series this summer. The 2018 schedule will include the following concerts and movies:
• Thursday, June 7: Concert at Carmichael Park featuring Triple Nickel (country), 7 p.m.
• Thursday, June 14: Movie at Dewey Strong Park featuring Justice League, (PG-13), dusk
• Thursday, June 21 – Concert at Carmichael Park featuring Soul Sacrifice, A Tribute to Santana (classic rock, Latin, and blues), 7 p.m.
• Thursday, June 28 – Movie at Benedict Park featuring Dumb and Dumber (PG-13), dusk
The Bike Brighton Sub-Committee will host their full moon bike ride bike in night.
• Wednesday, July 4 –Concert at Carmichael featuring Soul School (Dance Band), 7 p.m.
This concert will be in collaboration with the annual 4th of July Celebration
• Thursday, July 12 – Movie at Brighton Recreation Center’s Brighton Park featuring The Lion King, (G), dusk
The Brighton Recreation Center staff will offer free family yoga in the park beginning at 7 p.m.
• Thursday, July 26 – Concert at Carmichael Park featuring Swerve (cover band), 6 p.m.
This concert will be in collaboration with the annual City BBQ
All concerts will entertain crowds from 7-9 p.m. with exception of July 26 which will be held from 6-8 p.m. All movies will begin at dusk. Admission is free and seating is first come, first serve. We encourage attendees to bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnics, bug spray and other amenities. This series is sponsored by the City of Brighton, Brighton Cultural Arts Commission (BCAC), and the Scientific Cultural Facilities District (SCFD). For more information, please call the City’s Special Events Division at 303-655-2126.