Construction is set to begin Friday, March 24 on the eastbound Weld County Road 2 / E. 168th Avenue widening project from Wagon Trail Avenue in Lochbuie to King Street in Brighton. The project is expected to be completed in July.
During this time, eastbound and westbound thru traffic on WCR2 / E. 168th Avenue will be shifted north of the median onto the current westbound travel lanes. There will be sporadic lane closures to eastbound thru traffic during this time between the working hours of 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please follow all traffic control signage and obey the 50th Avenue to Bridge Street detour during these periods.
The following list of additional traffic impacts and recommended detours will help drivers safely navigate the closure during this time:
- Only right turns will be allowed onto and off WCR2 / E. 168th Avenue at the intersections of Wagon Trail Avenue, Homestead Avenue, and King Street.
- Eastbound WCR2 / E. 168th Avenue traffic out of the Berkshire neighborhood is recommended to use Willow Drive to Bonanza as a detour.
- Eastbound WCR2 / E. 168th Avenue traffic out of Silver Peaks is recommended to use Jewell Street or Freestone Street in lieu of King Street.
- 60th Avenue will be closed from Husker Place / Sugarloaf Street to WCR 2 / E. 168th Avenue.
- All traffic out of Pierson Park and Ridgeline Vista is recommended to use southbound N. 60th Avenue to the I-76 Frontage Road.
A voicemail hotline has been set up to address any questions or concerns you may have. Please call (720) 485-6045 and someone will respond to your voicemail within 1-2 business days.