After plowing through dozens of entries, the City of Brighton is pleased to announce the nine winners of the city’s inaugural Name That Snowplow Contest. The winning submissions will name each of the nine snowplows for the 2021-2022 snow season.
The winning names and students:
- Darth Blader - Brek Hjelmen, 5th Grader at Achieve Institute at Pennock Elementary and Richard Tryon, 5th Grader at Padilla Elementary
- Blizzard of Oz - Madelyn Hendrickson, 5th Grader Reunion Elementary
- Pablo Plowcasso - Harlan Montano, 3rd Grader at Turnberry Elementary
- Plowy Plowtupus - Lincoln Davis, 4th Grader at Pennock Elementary
- Snow Busta - Wren Miles, 5th Grader at West Ridge Elementary
- Blizzard Blaster - Venice Lozano, 3rd Grader at Bromley East Charter School
- Plowy McPlowFace - Dylan Brick, 1st Grader at Foundations Academy
- Polar Express - Harper Meyer, 3rd Grader at Padilla Elementary
- The MeowPlow - Zoey Struck, 3rd Grader at Zion Lutheran School
“We had so many creative name suggestions that made it quite difficult to select the winners of this contest,” said Michael Woodruff, Director of Public Works. “However, we are excited that we’ve begun a fun, new tradition here at the city of naming our snowplows.”
The winners will be recognized by City Council at the December 7 City Council meeting. The winners will also be featured in a float at the 26th Annual Festival of Lights Parade on Dec. 11. Winners will be contacted for further details.