The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission announces a call for nominations for its Excellence in Arts Awards. Brighton has a vibrant and growing cultural arts community, and the Commission would like to celebrate individuals and groups within Brighton who are cultural arts "champions."
The Commission is asking for nominations in categories including:
- Master of Fine Arts - This category is open to photographers, painters, potters, sculptors, jewelry designers, and authors.
- Master of Performing Arts - This category is open to individuals or groups who are filmmakers, dancers, actors/actresses, directors, or musicians.
- Visionary - An individual, group, or business who has been a leader in the Brighton cultural arts scene.
- Master of Cultural Arts in Education - An individual, group, or business who has offered some form of creative arts activity to the youth within our community.
- Outstanding Volunteer in Cultural Arts - An individual who has devoted time, talent and service to enhance the cultural experience in Brighton.
- Beyond Brighton - Open to an individual, group, or business from outside our community who has strengthened our community’s cultural arts.
To nominate someone, please download the nomination form and return to David Gallegos at Brighton City Hall, 500 S. 4th Ave., Brighton CO 80601, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination deadline is 4 p.m. Oct. 1, 2021.
The Excellence in Arts Award will be presented at a special evening event at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 19 at Brighton City Hall, 500 S. 4th Avenue.