The City of Brighton and Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. are accepting applications for the 15th Annual Help for Homes community project. The Help for Homes (HFH) program brings volunteers and neighbors together to paint or fix up homes needing minor exterior repairs and perform general yard clean up. This year, the community-wide project will be Saturday, June 12.
Qualifications for this free program are as follows:
- The homeowner is a senior (age 60 or older) or is permanently disabled (*Note: The homeowner must live in the home).
- The homeowner is a Brighton resident.
- The homeowner earns no more than $44,750 for a household of one person or $51,150 for a household of two persons.
- The homeowner has no short-term plans to sell the home or move.
- The completed application and required documentation are submitted and received by Friday, April 23 to the Eagle View Adult Center in order to be considered.
- All applications and documentation you submit will be strictly confidential and will only be used to make sure that each household receiving materials and services during this project qualifies under the program guidelines and regulations.
Once approved, materials and labor will be provided to get necessary repairs done. Homeowners needing assistance can submit applications through Friday, April 23. Of the applications received, 10-15 homes may be selected at no charge to the homeowner. Applications are available by calling Evon or Sue at 303-655-2075. For more information, go to https://www.brightonco.gov/1358/Help-for-Homes.
Help for Homes is also looking for volunteers to help on June 12. Those interested in lending a hand can put together a team of 8-10 friends, family and co-workers, or join a team that is already helping. If you can scrape, paint, do yard work or perform minor home repairs, your neighbors need you! There will be a team captain meeting at 6:30 p.m. June 1 at the Eagle View Adult Center. Since the program’s inception, 255 homes have been restored through volunteer efforts. Call Sue at 303-655-2075 for volunteer applications.
About Help for Homes
Help for Homes is jointly sponsored by Brothers Redevelopment Inc. and the City of Brighton. Funding is provided by the Brighton Legacy Foundation, Platte Valley Medical Center (CHIP Program Funds) and United Power Roundup.