17th Judicial District Attorney Dave Young announced Tuesday that Lonny Lynn McNair has been charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and other charges in a machete attack in Brighton on August 11.
McNair (DOB 10/23/71) is charged with 24 counts:
- First-degree murder after deliberation (F1)
- First-degree felony murder (F1)
- Three counts of attempted first-degree murder (F2)
- First-degree assault against an at-risk person (F2)
- Two counts of first-degree assault (F3)
- Two counts of first-degree burglary (F3)
- Second-degree assault (F4)
- Vehicular eluding (F5)
- 12 counts of crime of violence (sentencing enhancers)
McNair was advised of the charges Tuesday in Adams County District Court. He is set for preliminary hearing on November 6 at 1:30 p.m.
The filing of a criminal charge is merely a formal accusation that an individual committed a crime under Colorado law. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.