2018 Brighton Recreation Center Girls Volleyball- REGISTRATION POSTPONED
We have postponed registration for our Girls’ Volleyball league due to our gym space with School District 27J pending approval. Due to changing schedules with the school district, our permitted gym space will be affected drastically. The District is working diligently to determine if they will be able to provide any gym space for practices.
Once they have permitted us, we will know how many teams we will be able to accommodate for the league. Until then, we will be taking information on individuals who are interested in the league and place them on an “Interest List”.
Once the School District informs us of what they will be able to provide, we will then make decisions on how many teams we will allow in each age division and when we will begin taking registration for the league.
To be placed on the "Interest List", please call the front desk at (303)655-2200.
Season: Oct. 6th- Nov. 10th
|8-9 years||Once a week|
Twice a week
|Saturdays @ the Brighton Recreation Center||Parent Volunteers||$50|
Coach's Meeting: Monday, September 24th at 6 pm at the Brighton Recreation Center.
The Brighton Youth Volleyball League is designed to encourage participation for all girls ages 8-13 (grades 4-6), who want to play volleyball. Above all, the league is directed at children/teens with the idea of fun participation and excitement while learning the sport of volleyball in a positive environment. Some specific purposes for the league are:
- To give each child the opportunity to learn the importance of good sportsmanship and fair play competition.
- To teach the basic rules, skills, and techniques involved in volleyball so that each child may play and enjoy the game.
- To give girls the opportunity to meet in friendly competition with other children of the same age and gender.
- To expose players to different styles of coaching strategies to further develop their skills.
- Two, one-hour practices are held on evenings during the week, at the Brighton Recreation Center and local schools.
- Six (6) games will be scheduled for each team on six (6) consecutive weeks.
To achieve these goals and objectives, Brighton recreation services needs the cooperation and assistance from every parent and coach. Every decision concerning the youth athletes participating in athletic programs should be to benefit all the youth participating.
|2018 Girls Volleyball Schedules|
|8-9 Year Olds||10-11 Year Olds||12-13 Year Olds|