BRIGHTON BUILDING DIVISION OPERATING STATUS:
CITY OFFICES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. YOU MAY EMAIL PERMIT APPLICATIONS, SUBMITTALS AND QUESTIONS TO: 1STOP@BRIGHTONCO.GOV. PLEASE EMAIL CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE APPLICATIONS AND SECURITY GUARD APPLICATIONS TO 1STOP@BRIGHTONCO.GOV. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO EMAIL, YOU MAY DEPOSIT YOUR MATERIAL IN THE WATER PAYMENT BOX, LOCATED DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE MAIN DOOR AT CITY HALL.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE DIVISION AT 303-655-2017 OR YOUR PERMIT TECHNICIAN DIRECTLY. SINCE WE MAY BE WORKING REMOTELY, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND WE WILL RESPOND SHORTLY.
We will assist you with all construction-related permitting and licensing, including all contractor's licensing, building permits, temporary and event permits, right of way permits, bonding, as well as inspections and general development coordination.
Do I need a building permit to do work inside or outside my home or business?
PERMITTING FORMS AND APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DOWNLOAD THE FORMS AND APPLICATIONS FROM THIS SITE FOR THE MOST CURRENT EDITION.
- Permit Checklist (Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Family)
- Site Plan Checklist
- Site Plan Example
- Asbestos Abatement (State Permit)
- Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Permit
- Event Permit Application
- Fireworks Stand Permit Application/Regulations
- Flood Plain Permit Application
- Hydrant Meter Permit Application (more information about hydrant meters)
- Moving Permit Application
- Outdoor Vendor Permit for Private Property
- Public Use Permit Application
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit Application
- ROW - Street Closure Only Permit Application
- Sign Permit Information/Applications
- Site Improvement Permit Application
- Temporary Use Permit Application
- Temporary Watering Permit Application
Building Permit Counter
Financial guarantee will be requested for any work done in the public right-of-way, or for public infrastructure construction. Please see a complete list of bond document templates and related policies.
The City of Brighton is in compliance with the Electricians Practice Act and CRS 12-115-120.