Building Safety and Permitting
Building Division & One-Stop Customer Service Center
The City of Brighton provides a progressive effort to facilitate a true "One-Stop" experience for developers, builders, and business owners, as well as the community that we serve.
We will assist you with all levels of permitting and licensing, including all business, sales tax, and contractor's licensing, building permits, temporary and event permits, right of way permits, bonding, as well as inspections and general development coordination.
BUILDING CODE UPDATE PLANNED FOR 2018
Brighton offers E-Services!
Our online service allows inspections to be scheduled via an easy online application. Please email a technician at the Brighton One-Stop Customer Service Counter if you would like more information about this service, and/or to register for online services.
Already registered? - Quick Link to Brighton's E-Services for scheduling inspections online.
BRIGHTON PERMITTING FORMS AND APPLICATION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE! PLEASE ALWAYS DOWNLOAD YOUR FORMS AND APPLICATIONS FROM THIS SITE TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE MOST CURRENT EDITION.
There are additional instances that the city will request you apply for a permit, to ensure the life, health, and safety of all citizens of Brighton.
- Building Permit Application - Commercial/Industrial
- Building Permit Application - Residential
- Asbestos Abatement (State Permit)
- Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Permit
- Event Permit Application
- Fireworks Stand Permit Application/Regulations
- Flood Plain Permit Application
- Hydrant Meter Permit Application (more information about hydrant meters)
- Moving Permit Application
- Outdoor Vendor Permit for Private Property
- Public Use Permit Application
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit Application
- ROW - Street Closure Only Permit Application
- Sign Permit Information/Applications
- Site Improvement Permit Application
- Temporary Use Permit Application
- Temporary Watering Permit Application
Financial guarantee will be requested for any work done in the public right-of-way, or for public infrastructure construction. Please see a complete list of bond document templates and related policies.