- Police Department
- Community Resources
- Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention
Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention
Auto Theft Prevention Drive-Thru Event
The Brighton Police Department is excited to announce an Auto Theft Prevention Drive-Thru Event in partnership with the Colorado Auto Theft Prevention Authority (CATPA). Brighton residents will have the opportunity to receive a steering wheel lock, catalytic converter etching kit, and theft prevention license plate screws. All of these items are at NO COST to residents!
The drive-thru will take place on Saturday, March 25 from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Brighton Police Department parking lot at 3401 E. Bromley Ln. Due to the limited quantity of these items, residents will be required to pre-register. The link to register will be published on our website and our social media channels on Monday, March 13 right around noon. You MUST be a Brighton resident to register and you will be required to provide your VIN and home address.
REGISRATION IS NOW FULL.
Do you own one of the top ten stolen vehicles in the Denver Metro Area?
Auto Theft Prevention Tips
- Never leave your car running unattended
- Lock your doors every single time
- Always park in well-lit areas
- Don’t keep a spare set of keys in the car
- Remove all valuables from the vehicle or place them in the trunk hidden from view
- Buy comprehensive insurance that covers stolen vehicles and stolen vehicle components like Catalytic Converters
- Report suspicious activities to a non-emergency police line
- Do a self risk assessment using lockdownyourcar.org and assess how vulnerable your car may be to theft
- Invest in a vehicle security or alarm system, or other theft prevention devices such as steering wheel
- locks, parking boots, and kill switches
Auto Theft Victim Tips
- Step 1: Contact law enforcement or call 911 in an emergency
- Step 2: Call your insurance provider
- Step 3: Make a list of items stolen
- Step 4: Cancel Credit Cards and notify the credit bureaus if your identity may be compromised
- Step 5: Change your locks if your house or job keys were stolen