All City of Brighton elementary school students from kindergarten through fifth grade are invited to participate in the City of Brighton’s Water Conservation Poster Contest. The contest allows elementary school children to showcase their creative talents by conveying the importance of water conservation through a poster drawing.
The goal is to educate students by: 1) instilling an appreciation of water; 2) understanding the importance of protecting this precious resource and 3) providing information on how the community can conserve water.
Posters will be judged on creativity, relevance to theme, legibility and adherence to guidelines.
- Artwork must be original! Students are invited to use their artistic talents to create posters that illustrate the importance of conserving water. Poster artwork must communicate a water awareness theme in English or Spanish.
- Students can use crayons, markers, watercolors, paint, colored pencils, charcoal, oil pastels.
- Please do not use any glitter, stickers, or other materials on the poster as they may be reprinted.
- Posters must be in HORIZONTAL (landscape) orientation on paper no larger than 11” x 17”. Please do not create your poster vertically.
- Hand drawn, original digital illustrations are welcome, but posters containing computer sampled graphics, photographs, collages, 3-D artwork or trademarked art will be disqualified.
- Please do not use lined notebook paper.
- Keep your writing simple. Be sure the text is large and easy to read.
- Entry must be contestant's original creation and may not be copied or traced from other artists' published work. Additionally, copyrighted material or licensed characters may not be used. (i.e. no Mickey Mouse, Elsa, SpongeBob, etc.)
- Please do not fold your artwork when you are finished.
- All entries will be featured on the city’s website. The City will recognize a first, second, and third place winner.
- Winners will receive the following monetary prize: First-place winner: $100; Second-place winner: $50; Third-place winner: $25; and Honorable mention: $25.
- Winners will be recognized at a City Council meeting and featured on the city’s website and social media pages.
- The First-place winning poster will be printed and displayed throughout the City.
The deadline to submit your poster is April 30, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
To submit a form:
- Electronically: Click here for the electronic submission form
- In-person: Submissions in-person should include a printed copy of the contest submission form. If you are unable to print, copies will be available to fill out at the City Hall reception desk or you may write the information on a separate sheet of paper and include with your poster. Posters should be dropped off or mailed to:
City of Brighton
500 S. 4th Avenue
Brighton, CO 80601
- Contest opens: March 20, 2023
- Contest deadline: April 30, 2023
- Winners notified: May 8, 2023
- Recognition at City Council meeting: May 16, 2023
Contact Communications & Engagement Director Kristen Chernosky at email@example.com.
2023 Contest Winners:
First Place: Paige Nino, 4th grader at Southeast Elementary
Second Place: Jaidyn Dominguez, 5th grader at Foundations Academy
Third Place: Grace Kelly, 4th grader at Brantner Elementary
Honorable Mention: Jaslyn Fresquez, 4th grader at Southeast Elementary
|Addison-Sanchez, 4th grader at Southeast Elementary||Aria-Dominguez, 3rd grader at Foundations Academy|
|Cataleah-Jaramillo, 5th grader at Padilla Elementary||Cielo Vasquez, 4th grader at Southeast Elementary |
|Easton Brantley, 2nd grader at Padilla Elementary||Eden Orozco, 3rd grader at Padilla Elementary|
|Graelyn Lovato, 4th grader at Padilla Elementary ||Hector Saldivar Garcia, 5th grader at Padilla Elementary |
|James Pierce, 4th grader at Padilla Elementary ||Jaxon Russell, 3rd grader at Padilla Elementary |
|Kimberly Villalobos Gurrola, 4th grader at Padilla Elementary||Leticia Ruiz, 4th grader at Southeast Elementary|
|Liam Kim, 4th grader at Padilla Elementary ||Lianna Kim, 4th grader at Padilla Elementary |
|Megan Lopez Cardenas, 5th grader at Padilla Elementary ||Monroe Cox, 2nd grader at Padilla Elementary |
Noah Montour, 3rd grader at Padilla Elementary
Olivia Moe, 2nd grader at Padilla Elementary
|Palin Bennett, 5th grader at Padilla Elementary |
Quinn Carroll, 3rd grader at Bromley East Charter School
|Rocco St. Pierre, 2nd grader at Padilla Elementary|
Sebastian Frederico, 4th grader at Southeast Elementary
|Shae Grace, 5th grader at Padilla Elementary |
Xaylia Quiroz, 4th grader at Padilla Elementary
|Ysabelle Wiser, 3rd grader at South Elementary |