Business Licensing

A City of Brighton (City) Business License is required for individuals and businesses engaged in business in the City. This license is issued by the City's Finance - Tax & Licensing Division and also serves as the sales tax license. 

As of July 1, 2022 there is no fee to apply for this license. Licenses for mobile vendors are valid until the end of the year in which they were issued. Licenses for most other businesses are good until the end of every odd numbered year.

Depending on the type of business additional licenses, permits and/or approvals may be required. Businesses that require additional approvals include, but are not limited to, contractors, merchant guards, and group homes.

If you have questions about what is and is not allowed as a home business in the City of Brighton please contact the planning division at 303-655-2059. 

For liquor licensing please contact the City Clerk’s Office.

For contractor licenses please contact the building and permitting department. 

Business License Application 

To apply for a license, click HERE. If you are applying for a new license you will have to register and choose the appropriate license to apply for. Please see below if you are unsure which license application to complete. If you already have an account with the City of Brighton, you will need your account number and an activation code. 

Commercial Location - this application is for businesses that maintain a physical commercial location in Brighton

Mobile and outdoor vendors - this application is for businesses making, selling or distributing products or services outdoors or out of a vehicle. This includes food trucks and street vendors. 

Brighton Home Business - this application is for businesses based in a residential home in Brighton. A license is not required for those working from home or for those renting any part of the home either short or long term. 

Service Business - this application is for businesses without a physical location in Brighton that are coming into the city to perform services, solicit services, sell and/or distribute products. 

Remote Seller - this application is for businesses that sell products that are either downloaded online and/or shipped via common carrier and have no physical presence in Brighton. 

Mobile or outdoor vendor Parks Application - for mobile or outdoor vendors already licensed wishing to operate in a City of Brighton Park.

Mobile or outdoor vendors 

Effective October 2021 the City of Brighton has revised the rules and regulations regarding mobile or outdoor vendors. Please see attached information sheet here  to learn about the new rules and regulations. 

Contact Us

Brighton Sales Tax &
Business Licensing

500 S. 4th Ave.
Brighton, CO 80601
Phone: 303-655-2041 Email:
¡Hablamos Español!

Make an in-person appointment.

Licensing & Online Filing

Contractor Licenses & Permits

500 S 4th Ave
Brighton, CO 80601
Phone: 303-655-2017