The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission has announced a call for nominations for its second annual Excellence in Arts Awards. Brighton has a vibrant and growing cultural arts community, and the Commission would like to celebrate individuals and groups within Brighton who are cultural arts "champions".
The Commission is asking for nominations in categories including:
- Master of Fine Arts - This category is open to photographers, painters, potters, sculptors, jewelry designers, and authors.
- Master of Performing Arts - This category is open to individuals or groups who are film makers, dancers, actors/actresses, directors, or musicians.
- Visionary - An individual, group, or business who has been a leader in the Brighton cultural arts scene.
- Master of Cultural Arts in Education- An individual, group, or business who has offered some form of creative arts activity to the youth within our community.
- Youth in the Arts – An individual under the age of 18 who has made a positive impact on cultural arts within our schools.
- Beyond Brighton- Open to an individual, group, or business from outside our community who has strengthened our community’s cultural arts.
- To nominate someone please download the nomination form and return to Sue Corbett at the Eagle View Adult Center, 1150 Prairie Center Parkway, or email to SCorbett@brightonco.gov. The nomination deadline is 4 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017.
The Excellence in Arts Award will be presented at a special evening event open to the public on Oct.9 at the Eagle View Adult Center.