The Brighton Recreation Center is looking to hire part-time positions for its youth program located at 555 N 11th Ave, Brighton, CO 80601. Selected candidates will receive a free recreation center pass once hired.
Open positions include the following:
Youth Group Aide
- This position plans, leads and supervises activities in the child care area at the Recreation Center.
- Actively supervises children ages 6-months to 12-years-old.
- Uses appropriate disciplinary techniques with participants and log all incidents. Maintains safe and secure environment for all participants. Maintains positive interaction with children, parents and coworkers.
- Accountable for whereabouts of children at all times.
- Assures room is kept neat and clean.
- Accounts for and maintain all supplies and equipment.
- Candidate must be at least 16 years of age or older. Experience working with children is desirable.
- Must be able to pass a background check and current certification of CPR/First Aid preferred.
- Work varying shifts from 7:45 a.m. - 8:30 p.m., Monday –Saturday.
- Salary: $9.30/hour
- Responsible to plan, organize and lead designated programs and classes for youth ages 2.5-years-old through age 18 that incorporate social, learning, coordination, communication and motor skills.
- Provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
- The instructor is responsible for designing a curriculum that teaches age appropriate skills for each group as well as prepping the materials and supplies needed for lessons.
- The instructor should keep daily attendance and communicate regularly with parents regarding a child’s progress, behavior, general discipline and documentation.
- The instructor assures that the classroom is kept neat and clean throughout the day, uses supplies/equipment properly and leaves the room ready for other events as it is a multi-use space. The Instructor must provide a welcoming and comfortable environment for both participants and parents alike.
- The candidate must be at least 21 years of age and working toward a degree in a recreation, education or human service related field with verifiable experience working with youth (summer camp, child care, etc.) and designing classes and/or programs.
- A copy of college transcripts and letter of verification must be presented at time of interview.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft software is desired.
- Candidate must also pass background check and possess a valid CO driver’s license.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid preferred.
- Salary: $13/hour
For complete job descriptions, salary information or to apply, visit www.brightonco.gov. Applications can be picked up and returned to: Brighton Recreation Center 555 N. 11th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601 or City Hall 500 S. 4th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601.