Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
500 South 4th Avenue
6th Floor Study Session Room
Brighton, CO 80601
- Todd Brummond, Chairman - Lodging Provider Representative
- Lindsay Killin, Vice-Chairperson - Lodging Provider Representative
- Daryl Meyers, Committee Member - At Large Member
- Valerie Escatel, Committee Member - Brighton Economic Development Corporation Representative
- Mike Tamblyn, Committee Member - Economic Development Corporation Representative
- Rex Bell, City Council Representative
- Wilma Rose, Committee Member - At-Large Member
- Manuel Esquibel, City Manager / Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Ex-Officio Member
- Linda Gonzales, Assistant to the City Manager / Grant Manager
- Jean Starr, Assistant Finance Director
- Liliana Rojas, Administrative Assistant
For current vacancies please visit the Boards and Commissions vacancies page.
On, November 8, 2011 the electors at general election approved the lodging tax proposal submitted to them by City Council and on December 6, 2011 the Brighton City Council adopted Ordinance No. 2121 in response to the action. Ordinance No. 2121 allows the City of Brighton to impose a 3% Lodging Tax on short term lodging of less than thirty days to provide revenue to be allocated by the City Council for Economic Development, Special Events, Cultural Arts Facilities, Advertising and Marketing, and Promoting Tourism and other activities which utilize public accommodations.
Upon adoption of City Ordinance No. 2121, the City Council of Brighton correspondingly appointed a committee of individuals to administer and advise Council on the use of revenues resulting from the new lodging tax. The purpose of the Committee is to study, investigate and advise the City Council as to the development and promulgation of policies for the implementation, support and use of revenues from the lodging tax for economic development, special events, cultural arts facilities, advertising and marketing, promotion of tourism and other related activities. The Committee advises City Council on allocation, budgeting and appropriation of funds from the Lodging Tax Fund consistent with the provisions (Municipal Code Section 3-40-50, C.R.S.), use of the tax, as the same may be amended from time to time.
City Ordinance No. 2121
Request for Proposals
2017 Mini Grant Request for Proposal
Submittal Cover Page Requirement Form
Proposals must be submitted to Linda Bertráne Gonzales, City of Brighton, 500 South 4th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601 on or before 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 13 for consideration by the Advisory Committee.
*Please click the link below to view a sample proposal that was previously submitted for the 2014 Lodging Tax Request for Proposals by the Kiwanis Club of Brighton. This sample is intended to give an idea of the type of content to include in a proposal.*
For more information on the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee and Lodging Tax Grants, please contact Linda Gonzales at 303-655-2066 or email@example.com