Household Chemical Roundup
ADAMS COUNTY RESIDENTS
Any unused or leftover chemical product in your home such as cleaners, paints, thinners, and pesticides can be a potential danger to you, your family, and the environment. Household hazardous waste is usually labeled DANGER, WARNING, TOXIC, CAUTION, POISON, FLAMMABLE, CORROSIVE, or REACTIVE. Protect you and your family's health, help us keep our water clean and reduce pollution.
- DON'T POUR IT DOWN A SINK DRAIN. Some household hazardous waste can bypass the Wastewater Treatment Plant unchanged, polluting water downstream.
- DON'T POUR IT INTO DITCHES, STORM DRAINS OR GUTTERS. Household hazardous waste will travel directly to waterways polluting ponds, lakes or river.
- DON'T BURN IT. You risk producing poisonous fumes, contributing to air pollution or causing an explosion.
- DON'T DUMP IT OR BURY IT. They may leach through the soil and contaminate groundwater.
- PARTICIPATE IN THE CHEMICAL ROUND-UP EVENTS!
Mark your calendar for the 2017 Adams County Household Chemical Roundups:
Sat., May 6, Water World , 8801 N. Pecos St., Federal Heights (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
Sat., Sept 16, Thornton IMC Facility, 12450 Washington St., Thornton (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Bring your utility bill, phone bill, or driver's license with your name and address.
- A $25 per vehicle fee to offset the high cost of hazardous waste disposal.
- If you would like to volunteer at an event, call (720) 322-1508.
- For more information, call (720) 200-1592 or visit TCHD
WELD COUNTY RESIDENTS
South Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 5500 Hwy. 52, Dacono (9am - 4pm). Open Fridays, and 1st & 3rd Saturdays of each month. For more information, call (970) 304-6415 ext 2233 or visit Weld County's Website - Residential
WELD COUNTY BUSINESSES
Weld County Business Hazardous Waste Assistance Program provides a safe and affordable disposal/recycling option for Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators (CESQG) in Weld County. This voluntary program is fee based and operated at the Weld County Household Hazardous Waste Greeley Collection Facility. Phone: (970) 304-6415 ext 2215 or visit Weld County's Website - Commercial
Si necesita informacion sobre los programas gratuitos de recoleccion de productos quimicos domiciliarios ofrecidos para los residentes de Brighton en el Condado de Adams o Weld, por favor llame al 303-655-2121.