|2017 Flag Football Schedules|
|6-7 Year Olds||8-9 Year Olds||10-12 Year Olds|
Deadline to register: Monday, August 28th
Cost (includes shirt): $50.00
Picture Day: Saturday, September 30th
Thank you for your interest in Youth Flag Football with the Brighton Parks & Recreation Department. Brighton Youth Sports Department we strongly believe that flag football is a sport that everyone can play regardless of skill, size, or strength.
- Games are based on the NFL "Air it Out" format, where each team plays with 5 players on the field at a time.
- Games and practices are held at local parks. Here at the Brighton Parks & Recreation Department each child plays equal time no matter the skill level.
- Practices will be held twice a week. Coaches will call the parents to let them know the days practices have been scheduled. All practices will be held on weekdays and are determined by the coach of that team.
- Games are scheduled on Saturdays.
- Players are placed on team according to age.
- Each child will be given a game shirt for them to keep.
- Players are not required to wear cleats. No player will be allowed to wear metal cleats.
- Players will also be issued flag belts, by the coaches, to wear during games and practice.
- If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Brighton Parks & Recreation Department Goals and Purpose for Youth Sports
- To give every child the opportunity to participate in Youth Sports, regardless of ability.
- To teach the participants the skills and fundamentals of the sport in which they are participating.
- To encourage the participants' development of sportsmanship, team play, and leadership.
- To teach the participants that competition and winning are not the primary objective; therefore a strong commitment should be made towards improvement of skills and having fun!!
- To encourage coaches to teach children that success does not require winning a game and that losing does not mean one is a failure.
- To have coaches teach kids to strive for excellence, to do the best they can.
- To have mandatory playing rules to guarantee participation opportunities for every child.
City of Brighton Parks & Recreation Department
Policies for Youth Sports
During any Youth Sports event Brighton Parks & Recreation Department prohibits behavior which is inappropriate, such as: profanity, abusive language or behavior, smoking and the consumption of alcohol, removal of any Brighton Rec. property, or criminal conduct.
* Special Note: During football games parents or spectators are not allowed to stand on the players sideline.