|2017 Brighton Recreation Center Funshine Summer Camp
|8 week session at Northeast Elementary
Address: 1605 E Longs Peak St, Brighton, CO 80601
Funshine office phone: 303-655-2595
funshine cell: 303-726-7355 (for emergencies when on field trips)
||Mon-Fri||Regular Hours|| 8:30am - 4:00pm
|Extended Hours||7:30am - 5:30pm
June 5th -July 28th!
This year Funshine 2017 will be hosted at Northeast Elementary!
Registration - In Person only
COB Resident registration - April 6 @ 7:00am
Open registration - April 7 @ 7:00am
Registration must be done in person at the Brighton Recreation Center, 555 N. 11th Avenue, Brighton.
Parent Meeting- May 9th 6-7pm
Come by the Brighton Rec Center for the Funshine Parent Meeting. You can ask questions about the program and/or pick up a Parent Packet, which is also available online. No RSVP required. The camp nurse will be available starting at 5:00pm to review your medication forms and assist with medication intake. If your child needs medication, please plan to attend this meeting!
27J Use Fee
The 27J School District has enacted a use fee for the Funshine Summer Camp to help defray some of their incurred costs while hosting the program. This additional fee will go directly to the 27J school district.
Tips for Campers
- Your child will need a sack lunch on field trip days.
- We advise parents to send their child with a sack lunch, towel, swimsuit, and sunscreen every day the first week of camp in case there are last minute group changes and until you are more familiar with your child's schedule.
- Parents are responsible to send their child with a healthy an nutritious sack lunch, two snacks, water bottle, and sunscreen daily. There is no access to refrigeration for lunches. Please, no glass items are to be sent.
- Make sure your child's belongings are clearly labeled with their name.
- Weekly newsletters will be posted online and a printed version will be at the site.
- Participants will not be allowed to access the concession stand at the Brighton Oasis to help reduce monies being lost.
- Make sure your child is wearing the appropriate footwear based on the day's activities. Shoes that tie or can be secured are ideal for when they are running in the gym or on the playground. This is a safety issue for your child and is highly recommended.
- If your child forgets or misplaces his / her sunscreen, they may use some from the Funshine Office: No-AD Brand or Banana Boat Sport Performance Broad Spectrum SPF 30/50 UVA / UVB Suncreen Lotion